Location and Hours
Location & Hours
A1400 University Center
Florida State / Procurement Services
The mission of Procurement Services is to serve the University community by Procuring the materials and services required to carry out the University's mission of education, research and service. Click here for full Mission Statement.
GOODS AND SERVICES PROCUREMENT GUIDE
Click on this link to reach the Goods and Services Procurement Guide, your source for comprehensive ordering information, assembled in an easy to use format. In addition to basic information about ordering requirements, it contains details about required-use contracts, preferred vendor contracts, other available contracts, and much more. eMarket Catalogs are identified by the icon and Diversity Suppliers are identified by the icon .
Procurement Services Survey Winner:
Congratulations to Sarah Schreck, Program Associate for Student Government at the FSU Panama City Campus who won an HP scanner.
Scam - Fraudulent Purchase Orders
We want to alert you to a nationwide fraud scam that is targeting suppliers at colleges across the country. Please take precautions so that you are not a victim of this scam.
The fraud scam involves purchase orders and requests for product quotations that purport to originate from the University but are in fact fraudulent.
According to multiple schools, the emails request quotes for specific merchandise. Later, a purchase order is emailed to the business that bears resemblance to an authentic University purchase order. The purchase order instructs delivery to an address not affiliated with the University.
After shipping the merchandise, the business never receives payment and is unable to retrieve the mailed products.
If an order is received by email, please alert your staff to hover over the address to see if it was sent from an address that contains an ending of “@fsu.edu”.
In addition, please confirm the address for any suspicious or large dollar orders, with the ordering department. All orders for Florida State University should be delivered only to official Florida State University addresses. If you are not sure whether an order is a valid University purchase order or quote, please contact Procurement Services at 644-6850 for verification.
Procurement Services at Florida State University appreciates the very important role our suppliers play in providing goods and services to our faculty and staff in support of their academic and research endeavors. If your company has been contacted, please report incidents using the Internet Crime Complaint Center to file a complaint. www.ic3.gov
Submissions to this site are monitored by the appropriate Federal Agencies for on-line scams.
If your company has shipped an order based on a fraudulent PO issued under the FSU name and are facing a financial loss, please also contact your local law enforcement agency.
Specialty Underwriters Group
The University has an agreement with Specialty Underwriters Group to provide equipment maintenance management to all university locations. If you have equipment that you would like to be covered, you will pay a fixed amount (FSU’s Disbursement Services will do the billing) and then Specialty Underwriters Group will pay the vendor’s invoices, except for exclusions, such as toner or laser tubes. Major benefits of the program are:
- Yearly fixed costs for repairs of 15-30% on average against original equipment maintenance (OEM) quotations for maintenance.
- Program management by exclusive account representatives committed to the success of FSU equipment maintenance goals and skilled at repair sourcing.
- Department selection of provider in addition to access to SU's extensive provider network.
- Preventative maintenance (PM) schedules are tracked on-line and periodic reminders sent to the departments.
- The contract period runs from July 1 to June 30, concurrent with our Fiscal Year.
- Convenient renewal: All departments will receive renewal packets from Specialty Underwriters prior to the end of the Fiscal Year. The packet will include a letter that has your current Departmental billing information and a quote for the coming year. Please review the information for accuracy, and make any changes that are required. Once you have reviewed and made changes please sign the quote document by someone with delegated Power of Attorney for your departmental area. Your department signature indicates to Specialty Underwriters that you have reviewed the equipment list, the quoted amount, and the Chatfield information. Disbursement Services will charge your department for this service agreement directly so there is no need to enter a requisition in OMNI. If you have any questions, would like to request a quote, arrange for a presentation for your area/department to learn how you could be saving money on equipment repairs or have not received a packet, please contact the following: